Putting the personal back into medical care. It's Evolutionary.
Dear Evolutionary Healthcare Patients,
We understand you need to know our recommendations and plans during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
First, we are closely monitoring the spread of the virus at the state, national, and global levels. This is a complicated and dynamic situation. We are monitoring numerous websites including Intermountain Healthcare, the University of Utah Health, Utah State Health Department along with the CDC, John Hopkins, and WHO.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) has symptoms similar to the flu — fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or want to be tested, please call us at 801-519-2461. We are currently providing Novel Coronavirus testing through Labcorp for those concerned about possible exposure or unexplained symptoms.
We recently implemented telemedicine into our practice which will allow you to be seen in real-time using video-conferencing. This is an option for patients who would like an assessment or guidance without needing to come into the clinic. To schedule a telemedicine appointment with your doctor, please call 801-519-2461, leave a voicemail, and your doctor will contact you with an appointment time.
At the Clinic, we are taking additional precautions by increasing our day-to-day infection-prevention cleaning practices. We want to emphasize the importance of these basic, daily prevention practices:
1. Avoid Physical Contact: Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
2. Keep Hands Clean: Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
3. Avoid Touching Your Face: Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
4. Have a Cough or Cold?: Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hand.
5. Keep Surfaces Clean: Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
6. Feeling Sick?: Stay home when you’re sick (and keep sick children home from school).
7. Limit Exposure: work remotely if possible and avoid large gatherings/events (>50).
As your primary care doctors, we want to be a resource for timely, accurate, and evidence-based information as the medical community responds to this outbreak. For comprehensive information and data, utilize the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Refer to Utah.gov for the latest reporting and recommendations at the state and local level. Intermountain Healthcare and The University of Utah Department of Public Safety are additional resources for state and local level guidance.
If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us. Our facility and staff are prepared to continue safe and routine care during public health issues. It’s important that you continue to access care for your health needs as you normally would.
Chris Gay, Carol Osborn, and staff at Evolutionary Healthcare
461 E. 200 S. Ste 100, SLC, UT 84111 | 801-519-2461 | www.evolutionaryhealthcare.com
Ready to take charge of your healthcare? Call 801-519-2461, or complete this form for more information and plans.